- 10: If you cannot find the truth right where you are, where else do you expect to find it?
- 9: So little time, so little to do.
- 8: Possessing much knowledge is like having a thousand foot fishing line with a hook, but the fish is always an inch beyond the hook.
- 7: The quieter you become, the more you can hear.
- 6: If you understand, things are just as they are; if you do not understand, things are just as they are.
- 5: When you get to the top of the mountain, keep climbing.
- 4: Zen is not some kind of excitement, but merely concentration on our usual everyday routine.
- 3: To set up what you like against what you do not like - this is the disease of the mind.
- 2: Nothing is exactly as it seems, nor is it otherwise.
- 1: Even a good thing is not as good as nothing.
Saturday, April 2, 2011
Top Ten Zen Proverbs